Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dandelions

So I think the dandelion gets a bum rap...most people put great effort into ridding their lawns of them.  I came across this quote today by Andrew Mason...If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn.  Cheery yellow flowers that turn into white fluffy parachuted seeds...what's not to like?  :)   I also read that some people eat the leaves as greens, and they are best harvested in early Spring.  I didn't know this.  The long, lance-shaped leaves gave the plant its name in old french:  dent-de-lion (meaning lion's tooth).  You learn something new everyday!
Mom:  "What did you wish for?"  
Sophie:  "More flowers."  

2 comments:

Alyssa S. said...

I love dandelions, though I get glares from my hubby when he sees puffy seeds floating across the lawn :)

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

SO lovely! :) My girls LOVE dandelions too. :)

Post a Comment

 
© Les Cadeaux Photography
CoffeeShop Designs